Devon Center Wins Prestigious State Award
Surrey Center for Healthy Living in Devon was awarded 2017 Senior Center of the Year by Pennsylvania Association of Senior Centers (PASC). The award was presented by Teresa Osborne, State Secretary of the Pennsylvania Department of Aging, at the annual PASC meeting in State College, PA.
The award cited several areas where Surrey had notable contributions to its members and the community at large.
• Recognized leadership in offering Evidence Based Programs, such as Living A Healthy Life and Matter of Balance. These programs have been proven to make a measurable difference in the health of participants.
• Surrey offers a broad variety of innovative programming that appeal to a variety of interests and abilities.
• The Center for Healthy Living provides a robust, nutritional meal program.
• Provides a senior-friendly Fitness Center with specially calibrated machines for older adults staffed by a professional trainer at specified times.
• A commitment to providing services to its members and the community including transportation.
“We are extremely proud to be honored in this way. Please join me in congratulating the staff at Devon especially Christi, Nicole and Ben,” says Bob Madonna, President and CEO.
The Pennsylvania Association of Senior Centers (PASC) is a professional association of 103 senior centers dedicated to advocating on behalf of the consumers they serve.
- press_release_surrey_wins_2017_pasc_award.pdf (128.05 KB)