Thank you for your support!
For more than 40 years, Surrey has been a leader in providing services to inspire and enable older adults to remain in their homes and continue as active and engaged members of our community.
We invite you to part of this journey as we look ahead to how we can provide innovative programs and services that will have a significant impact on our growing and changing population of older adults.
Our Surrey Community is stronger with you by our side.
WAYS TO GIVE
Outright gifts: Outright Gifts are donations made by cash, check, credit card or matching gift. These contributions are immediate and allow passionate donors, like yourself, to see their generosity in action.
Recurring Gifts: Recurring or Monthly Gifts allow you to become an ongoing advocate by making automatic monthly donations to help sustain and expand Surrey’s programs and services. No gift is too small!
Pledges: A pledge is a promise to donate a certain amount of money over a designated period of time. Whether it’s a one-time or recurring pledge, making a pledge is a way for donors to create a plan for how they want to contribute, as well as a way to help donors budget appropriately.
Tribute Gifts: Memorial/Honor or Celebration Gifts that honor a friend or family member, someone you love by giving a gift in their name that will have a lasting impact in the Surrey community. Acknowledgement of memorial gifts are sent to the family, and notice of tribute gifts to the person that is being honored..
Click on Show More to view other types of general support such as Stock Gifts, Appreciated Assets, Matching Gifts, or an IRA Qualified Charitable Distribution.
- Matching Gifts: Corporate matching gift programs can double the impact of your gift. Check with your employer to obtain information and forms for this special opportunity.
- Gift of Stock: Gifts of appreciated securities can provide significant tax benefits for the donor with charitable tax deductions are based on the fair market value of the security on the day of the gift. Please call Jill Whitcomb at (610) 647-6404 (x101) for assistance in making a gift of stock
- Outright Gift of an Asset: If you wish to make a gift to support Surrey this year but are concerned about preserving your cash resources, consider a gift of an appreciated asset. A gift of securities, business interests or real estate can provide you with significant income and capital gains tax savings, often exceeding the benefits of a cash gift.
- Retirement Plan Assets or an IRA: If you are age 70½ or older, IRS rules require you to take required minimum distributions each year from your tax-deferred retirement account. To eliminate or reduce the tax impact of this income, you may want to consider making a qualified charitable distribution through a direct transfer of funds from an IRA custodian, payable to Surrey.
Options for Giving
To make a gift by mail, send check or money order made out to:
Surrey Services for Seniors
60 Surrey Way
Devon, PA 19333
Planned Giving, also known as gift planning or legacy giving, includes trusts, life insurance, bequests, gift annuities, gifts of real estate and more. Because planned gifts come in a variety of forms, donors can choose an option that best fits their financial situation, and reflects their enthusiasm and vision for the future. With thoughtful planning, it is a win-win for you and Surrey. Start here by learning the different gift options available to you.
Find Out More
- Wills & Estates: Gifts made through a bequest in your Will or Trust can create a lasting legacy and continue to help Surrey in years to come. For beneficiary designations, please use the legal name Surrey Services for Seniors and federal tax ID #: ________
- Planned Gifts: Planned Gifts provide significant tax benefits for you, while helping Surrey have greater impact on the community. Common gift types include:
- Life-income gifts, such as a Charitable Gift Annuities or Charitable Remainder Trusts, provide you with a guaranteed income stream for life, with remaining funds going to the Surrey.
- Charitable Lead Trusts provide an income stream to Surrey for a determined period, with assets able to be passed to your heirs at reduced tax rates.
- Surrey can also be named as a beneficiary of your life insurance policy and retirement plans including individual retirement funds (IRA), 401 (k) plan, Keogh plans and other retirement vehicles.
We are excited to work with you to find ways to give that best meets your philanthropic needs and interests. If you have questions or need additional information, please call Karen McNamara at 484-321-6104.
Surrey will never share your contact information with any other organization.