“Neighbor helping neighbor” is the Surrey Services ethos. We depend on the energy and commitment of hundreds of volunteers each year. Last year, 1,300 volunteers donated 49,000 hours of service. Surrey offers volunteer opportunities that fit every age and interest. In fact, over two-thirds of Surrey volunteers are older people themselves–they are seniors helping other seniors.
Volunteer Opportunities Currently Available
- Drive community members to medical appointments, the grocery store, and a variety of other errands
- Shop for homebound seniors
- Lead virtual classes
- Make friendly phone calls such as daily check ins and reminder calls
- Perform light gardening (seasonal)
- Help deliver meals to homebound seniors
Great Options for Groups
Surrey welcomes volunteer groups from corporations, church groups and other community organizations.
Become a volunteer or learn more about having your group volunteer by emailing Caryn Fallon, firstname.lastname@example.org or call her at 484-321-6106.