“Neighbor helping neighbor” is the Surrey Services ethos. We depend on the energy and commitment of hundreds of volunteers each year. Last year, 1,000 volunteers donated 62,000 hours of service. Surrey offers volunteer opportunities that fit every age and interest. In fact, over two-thirds of Surrey volunteers are older people themselves--they are seniors helping other seniors.
Types of volunteer opportunities
- Drive members to medical appointments, the grocery store, and a variety of other errands
- Shop for homebound members
- Help with activities such as needlework and arts and crafts, field trips and exercise classes
- Make friendly phone calls such as daily check ins and reminder calls
- Perform minor home repair work and light gardening
- Assist with a variety of clerical and data entry tasks at our locations
- Assist with Surrey events such as The Main Line Antiques Show, Surrey's annual Gala and more
Great options for groups
Surrey welcomes volunteer groups from corporations, church groups and other community organizations.